Last updated: March 2023
(i) how and what personal information we collect from you,
(ii) how we use and protect the information provided by our users and
(iii) the options you have about your personal information
1 Collection and Use of Information
We use PlayFab to collect and store player information. We collect information from our users so that we can create their PlayFab game accounts, operate the game and enhance users’ game experience. The collected information is transmitted and stored to servers in the US.
PlayFab is committed to being General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliant and is certificated under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework.
You can find further information regarding your rights in terms of service of PlayFab at https://playfab.com/terms/.
Collected information included but not limited to:
- Player ID (an unique identifier generated by PlayFab per player)
- Device ID
- IP address
- Registration date
- log in data includes IP address and log in location (city, country)
- Game statistics data (scores, leaderboard, etc…)
- Error events such as any errors encountered by users
(b) Unity Analytics
We use the services of Unity Analytics. These services collect user information on different levels. The collected information is used to help us make the game better and enhance game experience.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches. For technical and operational reasons, personal data can be transferred through servers which are located outside the European Union, where the European data protection rules are not applicable. Privacy regulations outside the EU might not provide the same high level of protection.
3 Duration of Personal Information
The personal information which is processed according to section 1, is processed as long as you are active in the game.
If you wish to delete your PlayFab account, please contact us at privacy [at] grimmountain.com.
or go to the settings menu in game and press the “Delete Account” button and follow the instructions.
3 Forwarding Data
Unless stated otherwise under section 1, your personal information will not be transferred to any third parties for any purpose other than those listed below.
We shall forward your personal information to third parties only
- if you have given explicit consent, in accordance with Art.6 (1) lit. a GDPR
- if under Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR the transfer is necessary to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest, which must be protected, in the non-forwarding of your information
- if there is a legal obligation to forward the information under Art.6 (1) lit. c GDPR
- if this is legally permissible and necessary according to Art. 6(1) lit. b GDPR for the processing of contractual relationships with you.
4 Data Subject Rights
You have the right:
- in accordance to Art. 15 GDPR, to demand information about your personal data we have processed. In particular, you can obtain information about the purposes of the processing, The categories of personal data concerned, the recipients or category of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the envisaged period for which the data will be stored, the existence of the right to request to rectify, erase, or restrict of the processing, or to object to it, the right to lodge a complaint in front of a supervisory authority, the source of your data, if these have not been collected by us, and on the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and any other meaningful information about their details or the logic involved;
- in accordance to Art. 16 GDPR, to demand the immediate rectification or completion of inaccurate personal data stored by us;
- in accordance to Art. 17 GDPR, to demand the deletion of personal data stored by us, unless their processing is necessary a) for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, b) to comply with a legal obligation, c) for reasons of public interest, d) or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- in accordance to Art. 18 GDPR, to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data in cases, (a) where the processing is unlawful yet you oppose the erasure of the personal data, (b) where we no longer need the data but you still require them to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, or (c) where you have objected to the processing of the data in accordance to Art. 21 GDPR;
- in accordance to Art. 20 GDPR, to obtain your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to demand the transfer of these data to another controller;
- in accordance to Art. 7 (3) GDPR, to withdraw your consent at any time, which will mean that in future we may no longer carry out the data processing that was contingent upon this consent.
5 Your rights
You can stop all collection of information by the App easily by uninstalling the App. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network. Please note that you may at any time exercise your rights of access, rectification, erasure, opposition, restriction of processing and portability with respect to your personal data by writing to our email address privacy [at] grimmountain.com.
If you have any questions, please contact us at privacy [at] grimmountain.com.